- Ph.D. in optical engineering.
- MSEE, graduated with Honors.
- Over 30 peer-reviewed publications in field of electro-optical systems design, modeling, simulation, and optimization.
- Over 18 years experience in electro-optical system development, design, testing, and integration including navigation radar, passive and active IR systems for remote sensing/detection and for multiple-target acquisition and tracking based on image processing and CCD- and FPA- (Focal Plane Arrays) cameras and on propagation of coherent laser beams in the atmosphere.
- Extensive programming experience with MatLab, Xilinx Sysgen, ISE, C, C++, Code Composer Studio, Visual Basic, HTML, Assembler, Fortran, and PL/1 for development of embedded software, real-time operating systems, digital signal and image processing, control algorithms, mathematical modeling, system simulations, and embedded human interfaces.
- Over 20 years of developing mathematical models and software, both high level and DSP/embedded level, for enhancing accuracy and sensitivity of measuring devices, remote sensors, and systems including electro-optical and acoustic systems.
- 20 years experience in measurement data interpretation and error correction in Single Particle Interaction with a Laser Beam, Phase Doppler Anemometry, Fraunhofer Diffraction, Light Scattering by Ensemble of Particles, Dynamic Light Scattering, and Electrophoretic Light Scattering.
- Extensive experience in designing, modeling, testing, debugging, and integrating soft- and hardware for a digital multi-carrier CDMA-IS95 RF power amplifier in wireless telecommunication industry. Familiar with digital and analog test equipment.
- Extensive experience with precision alignment, cryogenics, metrology, statistical tools, software and techniques used in manufacturing environment. Experience with planning and procedures in manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and documentation skills. Strong organizational and technical problem solving skills. Self-starter and team player.
- 2 years teaching experience as an Associate Professor in Optics.