- 20 years experience in research and developing high tech laser instruments for particle sizing (1nm - 5mm) and characterization in powder metallurgy, polishing, meteorology, colloidal chemistry, and medicine.
- 16 years experience in mathematical modeling, software design, and simulation of multiple light scattering for improving the performance of particle size analyzers.
- 20 years experience in measurement data interpretation and error correction in Single Particle Interaction with a Laser Beam, Phase Doppler Anemometry, Fraunhofer Diffraction, Light Scattering by Ensemble of Particles, Dynamic Light Scattering, and Electrophoretic Light Scattering.
- 5 years experience in digital signal processing.
- two and half years experience in CDMA, TDMA, GSM, and multicarrier power amplifier (MCPA) technology for 3G wireless systems.
- 2 years teaching experience as an Associate Professor in Optics.
- Experience in management, marketing, and financing.
FUJANT, Inc., CA
Mar 1999 – Present
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Designed, modeled, tested and integrated real-time operating systems and DSP algorithms and software for a digital multi-carrier 3G CDMA-IS95 RF power amplifier. Developed built-in-test and automated test environment for digital hardware diagnostics and embedded human interface. Used digital and analog test equipment. Simulated digital signals and programmed Altera VHDL. Suppressed noise in A-D and D-C converters. Developed C language software that operates in Texas Instrument digital signal processors. Developed state-of-the-art algorithms and embedded software for system control, system self-characterization/calibration and embedded human interface using MatLab, C/C++, and Visual Basic. Used the integrated Code Composer Studio(tm) development environment and Visual C++ environment for editing, building, debugging, and project management. All software development has been done on Windows NT platform.
PARTICLE SIZING and LIGHT SCATTERING INSTRUMENTATION, CA
January 98 – Present
ELECTRO-OPTICAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANT
- Provide technical support and assistance with software development to companies.
- Consultant services in the design, development and modification of particle sizing and light scattering systems.
MET ONE, Inc., OR
February 1998 - August 1998
- Developed software, performed mathematical modeling, and provided experimental measurements of thermal effects and thermal lensing in solid state lasers to improve performance characteristics of optical sensors for particle detection.
PARTICLE SIZING SYSTEMS, Inc., CA
July 1996-January 1998
- Developed signal-processing algorithms and real-time embedded software for particle size measurements in a Dynamic Light Scattering Instrument.
- Improved performance characteristics of a Zeta Potential Analyzer.
UNIVERSITY of BRUSSELS
November 1995- June 1996
Department of Theoretical Physical Chemistry
- Responsible for researching the effects of multiple light scattering by dispersions in fiber-optical sensors.
- Developed algorithms and software for numerical modeling measurements of turbid dispersions in fiber-optic photon correlation spectroscopy.
UNIVERSITY of BREMEN
March 1993-June 1995
Department of Process Engineering
- Responsible for simulations and elaboration numerical tools to improve performance characteristics of phase-Doppler particle size and velocity analyzers, their application for precision measurements in particle technology.
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY of UKRAINE, Kiev
November 1983- March 1993
Optical Engineering Department and
Department of Powder Metallurgy
- Managed a team of scientists and developers in opto-electronics.
- Developed fiber-optic sensors for variety measurements.
- Developed algorithms and software for measurement-data analysis and correction of measurement errors in laser particle size analyzes.
- Performed experimental measurements and provided customer support for particle analyzers in powder metallurgy, aircraft industry (polishing), and meteorology.
- Participated in several international projects (University of Chongqing, China; Technical University of Dresden, Germany) related to development of software for improving performance characteristics of particle measuring instruments.
- Developed image/signal processing software for a passive optical sensor used in target detection and target tracking.
- Performed mathematical modeling, software design, signal simulations of a navigation radar based on the atmospheric scattering of an infrared laser beam.
INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION KVANT, Kiev, Ukraine
April 1978- November 1983
- Designed and developed optical, hydrodynamic, and electrical modules of a light-scattering instrument for biological cell analysis.
- Measured biological cells using this instrument for early cytological diagnostics.
- Provided customer support for the laser analyzer.
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY of UKRAINE, Kiev
September 1990 - July 1992
Optical Engineering Department
- Course titles: Optical Systems, Photodetectors and Emitters, Radiometry.
EDUCATION, SCIENTIFIC DEGREES:
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering (1978, Graduation with Honor).
Technical University of Ukraine, Kiev.
- Ph.D. in Optical Engineering (1987).
Ph.D. Thesis: " Improvement of Performance Characteristics of Laser Analyzers for Particle Sizing".
PUBLICATIONS: Number of papers
- in peer-reviewed journals - 31,
- in conference proceedings - 31.
"A device for the continual monitoring of the diameter of filaments during their manufacturing process".
- Member of the Optical Society of America.
- Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (1993-1995, Germany).
COMPUTER LANGUAGES: FORTRAN, C, C++, MATLAB, Visual Basic, HTML.
LANGUAGES: English, Russian, and German.