OBJECTIVE: SR. / PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS OR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Ph.D. in optical engineering.
- MSEE (Graduated with Honors).
- 5 years experience in project management. Led groups of up to nine engineers.
- Over 18 years experience in electro-optical system development, design, testing, and integration including navigation radar, passive and active IR systems for remote sensing/detection and for target acquisition and tracking based on image processing and CCD cameras and on propagation of coherent laser beams in the atmosphere.
- Extensive programming experience with MatLab, C, C++, Code Composer Studio, Visual Basic, HTML, Assembler, Fortran, and PL/1 for development of embedded software, real-time operating systems, digital signal and image processing, control algorithms, mathematical modeling, system simulations, and embedded human interfaces.
- Over 20 years of developing mathematical models and software, both high level and DSP/embedded level, for enhancing accuracy and sensitivity of measuring devices, remote sensors, and systems including electro-optical and acoustic systems.
- Extensive experience in designing, modeling, testing, debugging, and integrating soft- and hardware for a digital multi-carrier CDMA-IS95 RF power amplifier in wireless telecommunication industry. Familiar with digital and analog test equipment.
- 20 years experience in measurement data interpretation and error correction in Single Particle Interaction with a Laser Beam, Phase Doppler Anemometry, Fraunhofer Diffraction, Light Scattering by Ensemble of Particles, Dynamic Light Scattering, and Electrophoretic Light Scattering.
- Extensive experience with precision alignment, cryogenics, metrology, statistical tools, software and techniques used in manufacturing environment. Experience with planning and procedures in manufacturing.
- Over 30 peer-reviewed publications in field of electro-optical systems design, modeling, simulation, and optimization and one patent.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and documentation skills. Strong organizational and technical problem solving skills. Self-starter and team player.
- 2 years teaching experience as an Associate Professor in Optics.
- Languages: English, German, and Russian.
- Experience in management, marketing, and financing.
- Permanent resident status (Green Card). Will be eligible to apply for US citizenship in July 2002.
FUJANT, Inc., CA
Mar 1999 – Present
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Designed, modeled, tested and integrated real-time operating systems and digital signal processing algorithms and software for a multi-carrier CDMA RF power amplifier. Implemented DSP algorithms in software written in MatLab and C languages. Developed built-in-test and automated test environment for digital hardware diagnostics and embedded human interface. Used digital and analog test equipment. Simulated digital signals and programmed Altera VHDL. Suppressed noise in A-D and D-C converters. Developed C language software that operates in Texas Instruments digital signal processors.
- Developed state-of-the-art algorithms and embedded software for system control, system self-characterization/calibration and embedded human interface using MatLab, C/C++, and Visual Basic. Used the integrated Code Composer Studio™ development environment and MS Visual C++ environment for editing, building, debugging, and project management. Wrote software documentation. Translated high-level system requirements into both top-level and detailed algorithmic and software design. Supported system level integration. Presented Fujant’s product at CTIA show in 2000 and 2001.
PARTICLE SIZING and LIGHT SCATTERING INSTRUMENTATION, CA
January 98 – Present
ELECTRO-OPTICAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANT
- Provide technical support and assistance with software development to companies.
- Consultant services in design, development and modification of particle sizing and light scattering systems.
MET ONE, Inc., OR
February 1998 - August 1998
- Provided experimental measurements and developed state-of-the-art algorithms, software, and models for suppression thermal effects/lensing in solid-state lasers.
- Modified angular spectrum of plain-waves model of an arbitrary laser beam to improve measurement performances of particle sensors and systems based on particle interaction with coherent laser beams.
- Improved the company image by publishing scientific results in a peer-reviewed journal and a conference proceeding.
PARTICLE SIZING SYSTEMS, Inc., CA
July 1996-January 1998
- Developed and improved embedded software, signal-processing algorithms, and measurement error-correction algorithms for particle size measurements in a dynamic laser scattering system.
- Solved the problem of instability of measurements results in electrophoretic light scattering analyzer, which dramatically increased the sales.
UNIVERSITY of BRUSSELS
November 1995- June 1996
Department of Theoretical Physical Chemistry
- Responsible for researching the effects of multiple light scattering by dispersions in fiber-optical sensors.
- Developed algorithms and software for numerical modeling measurements of turbid dispersions in fiber-optic photon correlation spectroscopy.
UNIVERSITY of BREMEN
March 1993-June 1995
Department of Process Engineering
- Responsible for simulations and elaboration numerical tools to improve performance characteristics of phase-Doppler particle size and velocity analyzers, their application for precision measurements in particle technology.
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY of UKRAINE, Kiev
November 1983- March 1993
Optical Engineering Department and
Department of Powder Metallurgy
- Managed projects. Led a team of scientists and developers in opto-electronics.
- Developed fiber-optical sensors for diverse measurements.
- Developed algorithms and software for measurement-data analysis and correction of measurement errors in laser particle size analyzes.
- Performed experimental measurements and provided customer support for particle analyzers in powder metallurgy, aircraft industry (polishing), and meteorology.
- Participated in several international projects (University of Chongqing, China; Technical University of Dresden, Germany) related to development of software for improvement performance characteristics of particle measuring instruments.
- Developed image/signal processing software for a passive optical sensor used in target detection and target tracking.
- Performed mathematical modeling, software design, signal simulations of a navigation radar based on the atmospheric scattering of an infrared laser beam.
INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION KVANT, Kiev, Ukraine
March 1978- November 1983
- Designed and developed optical, hydrodynamic, and electrical modules of a light-scattering instrument for biological cell analysis.
- Measured biological cells using this instrument for early cytological diagnostics.
- Provided customer support for laser analyzer.
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY of UKRAINE, Kiev
September 1990 - July 1992
Optical Engineering Department
- Course titles: Optical Systems, Photodetectors and Emitters, Radiometry.
EDUCATION, SCIENTIFIC DEGREES:
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering (1978, with Honor).
Technical University of the Ukraine, Kiev.
MSEE Thesis: "Suppression of bulk waves in RF band-pass filters based on propagation of acoustic surface waves"
- Ph.D. in optical engineering (1987).
Ph.D. Thesis: "Improvement Performances of Electro-Optical Systems for Remote Particle Analysis and Characterization".
PUBLICATIONS: Number of papers
- in peer-reviewed journals - 31,
- in conference proceedings - 31.
"Electro-optical remote system for continual monitoring of diameter of filaments during their manufacturing process".
- Member of the Optical Society of America.
- Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (1993-1995, Germany).
COMPUTER LANGUAGES: FORTRAN, C, C++, MATLAB, Visual Basic, HTML.
LANGUAGES: English, Russian, and German.
6802 Sweetwater Way
Goleta, CA 93117
Phone/Fax: (805) 961-9261