Particle Sizing and Light Scattering Instrumentation:
Design, Development and Modification
V. I. Ovod,
Specializing in Optical Particle Sizing and Light Scattering Instrumentation since 1978
Currently available as an R&D Scientist, Engineer or Consultant in optical instrumentation and software development
Extensive R&D experience in:
- Explaining and solving problems in particle size measurements.
- Increasing the accuracy of optical particle sizing instruments based on the following techniques:
- Single Particle Interaction with a Laser Beam
- Dynamic Light Scattering / Photon Correlation Spectroscopy
- Phase Doppler Anemometry
- Fraunhofer Diffraction (light scattering by ensemble of particles)
- Electrophoretic Light Scattering.
- Combining the advantages of different types of particle size analyzers.
- Converting measurement results obtained by various particle size analyzers to the general platform.
- Improving instrument's operation through interpretation of measurement results, error correction, design optimization, software development, mathematical modeling of multiple light scattering, etc.
- Developing and upgrading algorithms and embedded software for real time data interpretation of measurement results and error correction in various kind of optical instruments and sensors.
- Providing numerical modeling of measurement results by using multiple light scattering algorithms.
Please feel free to contact me for additional information
V. I. Ovod
1810 NE Fairview Ave., Suite C
Grants Pass, OR 97526, USA
Phone/Fax: (541) 479-7730
Last updated on 15 January 1999