V. I. Ovod, Ph.D.
Consultant in Light Scattering and Particle Sizing Instrumentation
In Optical Particle Sizing since 1978
Currently available for an R&D Scientist or Engineer position in optical instrumentation and software development
Consulting Services Available:
Are you having problems with your particle sizing instruments or systems?
We can help you in the following ways:
- Improve your instrument's operation through interpretation of measurement results, error correction, design optimization, software development, mathematical modeling of light scattering, etc.
- Increase the accuracy of your particle measuring instruments based on the following techniques:
- Single Particle Interaction with a Laser Beam
- Dynamic Light Scattering/Photon Cross-Correlation Spectroscopy
- Phase Doppler Anemometry
- Fraunhofer Diffraction (light scattering by ensemble of particles)
- Electrophoretic Light Scattering
- or by a combination of the techniques.
- Combine the advantages of different types of particle analyzers.
- Convert measurement results obtained by various analyzers to the general platform.
- Develop or upgrade algorithms and embedded software for real time data interpretation of measurement results and error correction in various kind of optical instruments and sensors.
- Explain and solve your problems in particle measurements.
- Provide numerical modeling of your measurement results by using multiple light scattering algorithms.
Synopsis of Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Optical Engineering
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 20 years experience in research and development of light-scattering sensors and instruments
- 16 years experience in mathematical modeling and software design (FORTRAN, C, C++) applied to optimization of optical sensors, signal processing, and measurement errors suppression
- Extensive experience in numerical analysis of interaction of electromagnetic waves with dispersed systems (colloids, aerosols, biological cells, and powders) for remote sensing and radar design
- Extensive experience in particle sizing (1nm - 5mm) in semiconductor industry, medicine, meteorology and fine particle technology
- 2 years teaching experience as an Associate Professor in Optics
- Over thirty papers published in peer-reviewed journals
Please feel free to contact me for additional information:
V. I. Ovod
1810 NE Fairview Ave., Suite C
Grants Pass, OR 97526, USA
Phone/Fax: (541) 479-7730
Last updated on 11 December 1998